For more than a decade, I have been helping people improve their writing.
If you have the motivation to work on your writing, I can help you become a better writer. It’s never too early or too late to begin. I have successfully worked with people of all ages, from a sixth grader to a man in his seventies who wanted to sharpen the writing in his fascinating memoir.
Consider me a resource: I will help you achieve your goals. I’ll also identify your strengths and weaknesses and work with you to leverage the former and eliminate the latter.
As a professional writer and editor, I have grappled with most of the problems writers face. I have developed strategies for improving writing from start to finish, from helping you get started to polishing your prose or poetry.
My relevant experience includes:
- 2 degrees in English Literature: A.B. Harvard College, M.A. Harvard University
- Completed all requirements for Ph.D except dissertation, Harvard University
- 13 years working with students one-on-one
- 8 years teaching freshman composition, 5 at Harvard College
- 3 years teaching writing, UC/Santa Cruz Extension Program
- 2 years as writer/editor, Horizon and Look magazines, New York City
- 19 years creating marketing communications (Stanford University, Harvard Club of Silicon Valley, Palo Alto Art Center, SGI, IMPAC, Oracle, Hitachi, Cylink, Internet start-ups, and others)
You can contact or leave a message for me via:
Telephone: 650 852-0810